Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Windhoek

I am leaving Windhoek tomorrow, but not before I take a tour of the famous Windhoek brewery. I figure with the experience I have had sampling beer over the years as well as watching Riopelle, Mikey, and Mike brew it should be interesting. The city is growing on me, I guess now that everything isn't closed (which reminded me of Cuba). There still are things around town that do remind me of Cuba:



The best part is that the cross street here is Robert Mugabe Ave. Up next: Fish River Canyon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rog said...

Scott - I'm glad that you heeded my advice and started a blog. I'm calling a spade a spade ;) This has been a really good blog so far and I've enjoyed nearly every post. Keep up the good work and post a pic of the southern cross for me if you can!

1:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scott,
It is Carrie Lewis, I don't know how to get a hold of you but Mikie gave me this website. It sounds as though you are having a great time...so sweet! Anyway, I am applying for the Watson right now and am thinking about doing a worldwide wine tour. I have a meeting with the Director of the fellowship program tomorrow to throw some ideas around...if you have any advice I WOULD LOVE IT!!! Any ideas, suggestions for the application, ect. email at calewis@davidson.edu if you are able.
I hope you continue to have an awesome time! Much love to you.
Carrie

7:35 PM  
Blogger Rog said...

Carrie - Have you read the book Noble Rot? If no, check it out.

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home