Sunday, July 31, 2005

Good to Go?

I have just re-confirmed my reservation on South African Airlines (yes, they are flying again) from Frankfurt to Johannesburg to Cape Town. It looks like- at long last- I am going, and with some luck I'll have an aisle seat. The South African Airlines representative with whom I chatted also reminded me to pack a swimsuit in my carry on so that I could swim at the Sheraton during my layover in Frankfurt. In fact, he was so excited talking to me about the pool and the bar that I had to remind him that I wanted seat assignments and wanted to make sure that there was room for me on that plane.

So, things are looking up. I have just spent a weekend in Aspen which was a nice distraction from my time on the phone with Delta and South African Airlines. Aspen also provides a type of culture shock of its own, although sort of the opposite type of shock that you might expect when heading to Africa. Of course, that remains to be seen.

In any event, it was nice, as a friend put it, "to get a little more America in me." However, I am now ready to head out. Really ready...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think he's refering to a couting crows song.....

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home