Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Tickets

Wow, I have worked for the past few weeks setting my itinerary, troubleshooting questions and problems (the biggest of which has been the visa issue, but which has been resolved). So, today I finalized the itinerary and bought the ticket (actually 10 tickets in all) with the exception of the leg from Lima to Mexico City, which is still too far in advance. Then there is getting back to lovely C. Springs in a year, but I figure I can take the Hound from Chihuahua as a worst case (financially) option. It's funny how little I worry about the Mexico part of the trip...with Namibia as the first stop I feel like I am jumping into the deep end - the really deep end.

I can't believe that I actually just bought the tickets. The whole process swings back and forth from "ho hum, I am going to all these canyons" to a feeling of utter excitement/joy/nervous energy in which I really can't believe that I am going to do this for the whole next year. I guess that's why I like riding my bike right now - it's something tangible, knowable (for example I know I am not very good at it...) and simple. You just get on, pedal, and watch out for cars.

Well, Vesna, my travel agent was wonderful. As she said after I gave her my credit card information, "Now you know, you really are doing this. Send me a postcard."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home