Saturday, August 20, 2005

photos


This is the scorpion that stung me. I found it on my swimming trunks. I didn't find it when I was putting them on, just moving them in the morning. Fortunately, the sting was not serious, and felt like a bug bite.






This is a picture at Augrabies National Park. The canyon here reminds me of Big Bend National Park in Texas. Desert on top, and a sheer canyon with a little river in the bottom. The Orange River, which makes the canyon, was running pretty low, and is all dammed well above the canyon. I was told that once they fill the reservoirs above, they let out lots of water and the waterfall at the canyon and the river become even more impressive.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work, Scott. Really appreciate your commentary and the photos. Just be sure to look in your swim trunks before you put them on from now on.
Mike Veseth

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home