Tuesday, July 11, 2006

on a creel bound train

A conversation on the train to Creel today, translated from Spanish:

Setting: I am bending over with my head out the window between cars and a girl (Cristina) approaches me from behind. Attractive, and very flirty. Hand on my back. I don't know her. I'm looking out the window. The mohawk is flowing in the wind. God bless the mohawk.

Cristina: Hey look at that!
Me: What?
Cistina: Oh, nothing, nevermind.
Me: Oh, I was looking for a waterfall or something.
Cristina: Well, if you close your eyes and imagine a little it could be a waterfall (rests her head on my back).
Me: Hmmm...So, are you from Chihuahua or headed there on vacation?
Cristina: Vacation. I live in Los Mochis.
Me: That's great. How many times have you been on this train?
Cristina: First time.
Me: This is my first time going this direction. Pretty spectacular.
Cristina: So...how old are you?
Me: 23
Cristina: Hmph.
Me: What? How old are you?
Cristina: You won't believe me, but I'm 14.

At this point do I say:
a) Yes, but what is that in dog years?
b) Well, see you later.
c) Hey great, let's get together and watch TRL!
d) Please stop touching me.
e) Is that man with a mustache behind me a Federale? Do I hear police sirens?
f) Yes, but if I close my eyes and imagine a little....you would still be fourteen.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dog years...that's what dupont scott would say!!!

miss ya bro

Riopelle

10:57 PM  
Blogger Alexa said...

I love it. I vote for c, might as well catch up on the new "in" music in the states. Have a great rest of your journey and see you soon back home!

5:09 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

I don't think I have a choice in this one...definitely C. TRL, 14 year old girls, and American travelers. What could be sweeter?

9:06 AM  
Blogger Scott Warren said...

Mike, hopefully we would see you while watching TRL.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Harlan Smith said...

This reminds me of a song by one of my favorite bands--the Vandals--called "Fourteen". My favorite part is the chorus:

But I can't make love to you
Because you're fourteen
Just a peck on the cheek
As I'm counting the weeks go by

4:21 PM  
Blogger Rog said...

Age is just a number... especially in Mexico... Good luck with the femininas...

10:47 PM  
Blogger Alexa said...

Arn't you just a few days from being home? I can't wait to hear about how it is once you are safely back in the US of A! Update soon!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Sue & Mike said...

Scott,
Looking forward to hearing from you when you get home.
Mike Veseth

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home