Wednesday, May 31, 2006

peru, continued

I had thought that my knee was feeling good enough to do some hiking, so I gathered some camping food and was ready to head out, but a night at a discoteca set me back, and the knee pain has returned (I guess I really am that bad of a dancer). As I was tired of hanging out in Arequipa, I decided to head to Cusco to let the knee rest, while seeing some interesting things. I hope that in a few days it will feel good enough to go back to Colca and do a five to ten day hike, though progress on the knee is slow.

Cusco has brought back a flood of memories from the trip that our family made here in 1991. I can't believe that I was here when I was 8, and it is pretty amazing to see some of the same things and bring back old memories.


The hotel we stayed in and the room that Sarah, Katie and I shared. I have distinct memories sitting looking out the window down at Cusco drawing pictures of all the red roofs.

Charo in the Cross Keys Pub.

Saqsaywaman

The slides at Saqsaywaman- I think it was Katie or Sarah and not me who cut their hand here in 1991, though I do remember being quite excited about an Inca slide. I had fun watching a third grade field trip as the teachers instructed the class that there would be no sliding for them.


Haircut number three of the trip, called the "gallo" here in Peru.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking good # 3, Warren.

Quien es la chica?

3:21 PM  
Blogger Scott Warren said...

Feeling good (#3), anonymous.

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It’s Jess again.

I don’t know how you keep track of postings, but I’ll see if you find this one and the other one I just wrote.

Anyway, I was down in Peru a few years ago and we had a guide take us around Saqsaywaman but he kept calling it “Sexy Woman” and now I can’t hear the word any other way. Have you experienced this?

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice faux-hawk...WOW

7:35 PM  
Blogger Rog said...

The "Gallo" cut, eh? So can we translate that literally as the "Cock" cut?

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home