Wednesday, May 17, 2006

my kneesie

Things are looking up. Somewhat.

I talked on the phone today with my orthopoedic surgeon from home and he was able to give me a pretty good idea of what I may have done to my knee. Although my Spanish isn't bad, it was great to talk to an expert in English. Plus, my doctor is amazing.

He suggested that the problem was my plica. A plica is, in his words, a functionless piece of gristle, which he promised to draw me a picture of when I get home. Sweet.

Plica problems.

I also thought this article was interesting. And a little funny.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scottie-

We can call Kyle if you want and he will get a "cold laser" on it and it'll be good to go in no time!

Riopelle

7:02 AM  
Blogger Rog said...

Hope your plica recovery is speedy bud! Thanks for the article too :)

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Scooter,

When I first read about your knee I thought that it was just a dumb coincidence that I also suffered a knee injury at about the same time. Now, however, I have had an opportunity to follow the links on your web page and I seem to have all the symptoms of plica problems. I'm not very happy about the recommended treatment. Thanks for being my indirect medical advisor.

Mike Veseth

2:06 PM  
Blogger Zack said...

After reading that Plica site, I thought that I too might have Plica Syndrome. My next thought was "What if I have that other syndrome, the one where you think you have every syndrome you read about."

Deep Thought Followed.

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scott!

It’s Jess Mallik (well, Jess Friesema now – I got married)!

I was so surprised to stumble upon your blog! Sounds like all is well (minus the knee problem).

So, just wanted to say hi. I hope you have a great rest of your trip!

Jess

1:33 PM  
Blogger Scott Warren said...

Jess,

congratulations! that's great news. When did you get married? I hope that you are doing well - are you in the Springs or WP?

scott

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've been married for just over a year already! Time is flying! We live in Springs and are loving being back in the area (although I guess I was never that far away).

What are your plans after your trip?

Jess

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home