Friday, December 16, 2005

Playlist

In the event that you were curious, here is what is on my iPod for those long bus rides and plane flights. Notes are at the bottom.

1) Long December - The Counting Crows
2) Southern Cross - Crosby Stills and Nash
3) On the Road Again - Willie Nelson
4) Write a Letter Home - Jackie Green
5) Friday Night - The Darkness
6) Maria (Shut Up and Kiss Me) - Willie Nelson
7) Honey I Been Thinking About You - Jackie Green
8) Darkness Between Fireflies - Mason Jennings
9) Take Me Home - Phil Collins
10) Pop Ya Collar - Usher
11) At the Stars - Better Than Ezra
12) Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles


Notes to songs:
1) One more day up in the canyons... I also like the lyrics "I can't remember how many times I tell myself to hold onto these moments as they pass." I feel the same way so many times out here.

2) I listened to this song a ton in my tent in South Africa looking up at the Southern Cross. For some reason seeing the southern cross and listening to it can almost make me cry.

4) Some lyrics from this song; "The TV says nothing, nothing to me, I feel so alone in the highest degree. Like a tree with no roots, like a gun that don't shoot, like a dog outside on a chain. And there's no use for me to sit here and moan, many a man has been more alone. I might feel better if I write a letter, if I write a letter home." The song then continues for a while to these lyrics "But as for me I'm halfway to Denver, how long has it been I just can't remember. It all starts to fade 'cause the life that I've made is the life that I dream on. But there's no use for me to sit here and moan, many a man has been more alone..." I like that I am half way to Denver, and when I feel low I do write letters home. Some of you may have gotten some. And the TV usually says nothing to me because it is all in Greek.


5) This song reminds me of Big Al. We took all the extracurricular activities and we weren't particularly cool. We even did take dancing, although I don't think it was on a Friday night.

7) A song about a girl I think about a lot, but who, I suspect, doesn't think about me. Lyrics: "I don't want to be your one weekend lover, your boy in the back, your one or the other. And I ain't looking for a wife or a mother, but honey I been thinking about you." The song continues, "I ain't interested in your hotblooded sister, I'm sure there's a man for to love and to miss her. I didn't mean nothing I just happened to kiss her, but honey I was thinking about you." Perhaps that's why she thinks not of me.

8) This song is also about love, but I think of it in terms of exploring new places: "You should know by now that someone's been there, long before you, you're never going to be the only one." I always feel like some great explorer, but really it has been done before. That doesn't disappoint me, it just give me more history to research.

10) "Hey ladies, hey fellas, you know you're doing good cause they're jealous. They only hate you cause you're a go getter, pop ya collar, don't let them sweat ya." Exactly. Pop that collar.

12) One of the best songs ever. Reminds me of the sun rising when you are sitting at the bottom of a canyon, waiting for it to get light and warm you up. Also reminds me of making bets for when the sun would leave the canyon. The winner gets a Symphony Bar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home