Thursday, October 20, 2005

Maps

My time in Southern Africa is over. I am now in Ethiopia, which brings a whole new set of challenges and interesting areas. I am working on hiring a guide, scout and donkey to do a ten day trek down a section of the Blue Nile. But, that's a different story for a different day. I will share my excitement of the taxi I took from the airport. It was a Russian Lada: just like so many in Cuba!

While I have been adventuring, hiking, fishing, and the like I have also been making maps with people. Not too many, as they are hard to make. You really have to know someone before they make a map for you. But, every map I have has been an important part of my travels, my project, my understanding of canyons and spaces. Maps, in fact are the major part of my exploration.

I was hesitant about posting them as they are personal and I am even more hesitant to explain who made them, how I knew that person, and what I got out of the maps. I don't know why, perhaps because they are special documents to me and I don't think I could do them justice on the blog. Nevertheless, here are two:



Blyde River Canyon. Map by Elson.



Fish River Canyon. Map by Amos.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zack said...

I would be very lost.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home